Thursday, July 31, 2014
Blog # 7
What are the procedures the teacher uses to make everything run smoothly in the class?
I noticed the atmosphere in Mrs. Davis' classroom was really positive. The ways that she would motivate her students was organized and personal. On a few occasions I remember her handing assignments or papers back to students, often with a note of thanks and with appreciation. The kid I was sitting next to earned a small bag of laffy taffy's and a note that said ''great job!'' I honestly could see him beaming from his seat and a sense of value and respect came over him. Both for himself and for Mrs. Davis, and he hurried on completely motivated, to work on his new assignment before it had been asked of him. This student I observed was very proactive and felt honest about his work, I asked him what he did a good job on and he said ''I just help out a lot in the classroom, and do good on my homework and turn in my assignments on time''. I noticed she did this with many of the other students as well but each with an individual praise and encouragement where needed. It was clear the students weren't motivated by the candy but felt it was a gift from their teacher rather than a promised reward.
The procedure I felt that she used was encouragement of great behavior and a proactive attitude. No one in her class felt excluded at all, all of her students had a desire to learn and we're more motivated than I had expected. Each student volunteered to help whenever possible and it was out of respect. Mrs. Davis showed value toward each of her students and pointed out the positive in everything each would say, whether it was answering a question or sharing an experience. I feel the methods she used was a positive an uplifting attitude, her opinions and mood set the tone for the class. She focused on their needs, their feelings, their goals. by pointing out the positive, having a sense of humor, being flexible with each student, they felt motivated and respected her. They in turn listened well and was motivated for each task. She helped them feel a sense of self respect and value to see themselves in a brighter light, which had developed over the school year. The bond created was something so important even vital to both the teacher, the student, and the success they would have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment